Blessed Christmas!
Jingle bells, Jingle bells, jingle all the way~~~ =D
Had a very special Christmas morning today! Well, I didn't really celebrate Christmas for the past 17 years... but I did enjoyed seeing those decorations(especially Christmas Tree) everywhere during the season! =)
Woke up early in the morning, followed my mum with her friends to the Lovely Disabled Home to visit the disables... or maybe I should say the "special" ones! =) They were having a Christmas party there.. They were sitting around and having some group activities...
They caroled, danced and played games together... =)
Not forget to mention, they danced gangnam style too...XD
Then, it was gift-giving time! Before that, I heard that the disables actually wrote what they wished to have for christmas in a wishlist... And guess what, their dreams came true! =) The volunteers bought the presents that the disables wished for. The presents were neither luxurious stuffs, nor IT products like we normal people longing for... All they want were just storybooks, puzzles and toys.. Simple as that. I could see how excited they were from their face expressions.. They smiled like angles! =) Oh yeah, my mum gave away the presents we prepared yesterday too...
Helped to wrap some of them, I'm not that good at wrapping gifts lorhh...
These teddys were for them too! I left two for myself! =P It was great to see them loving teddys like I do! <3
After that, we had our lunch there, it was like a potluck though! Got a chance to talk with some of the disables and helped out a little... Felt great because I was being a little bit helpful instead of sitting there doing nothing..
I was thinking a lot again after I met them...
They are so cheerful as they feel contented and satisfied with what they have...They are such beautiful people with beautiful heart... The parents are so proud of their special children.. They are so independent, and willing to help each other... They made handicraft and soaps to earn money to build their lovely "home" ... They enjoyed themselves and always put a smile on their faces. All they want, all they need is Empathy, not sympathy...
Feel ashamed because I was born as a healthy person but I'm still not satisfied with what I have. It hits me so hard that I think is the time for me to change my point of view.. LOL Appreciate the present and be blissful... =)
Well, That was a great experience and a meaningful Christmas to me! =)
Inner Beauty is everything that matters! =)
Comments
Post a Comment