Unexpected 21st.
Hope I'm not too late to express my appreciation to my dear family and friends.
This year's birthday is probably the BEST birthday I ever had in my life, for now. HAHA
Since the beginning of September, I had been trying really hard to convince myself that everyone is busy and I shouldn't put hopes or think too much on how to celebrate my birthday. Because I know September is always a busy month with the starting of new semesters and forever no-ending exams. So yeah, I've tried to remind myself every single day because I know myself too well. You know it's hard for an over-thinking person to stop over- thinking. LOL
And starting off a new semester was pretty hard for me this time. I don't know why I seemed to lose my social skill and I tend to be alone most of the time. =/ It was like, I don't know how to find a topic or to approach people that I wasn't that close too. Even saying a Hi. It's either I've changed or other coursemates' bonds are getting stronger and I couldn't fit myself in. And that roommate issue just hit me too hard that I couldn't stop myself from thinking what did I did wrong and I was hoping for an answer which is impossible to get. Am I a really bad roommate? Or am I not a fun person that's why no one would bother to approach me if I stop taking the initiative? So yeah, the roller coaster - like feelings have brought me into deep depression and finally I'd burst into tears.
Somehow......
THAT'S NOT HOW MY MONTH IS SUPPOSED TO BE! I wasn't expecting myself to be in such kind of situation! I foresee myself to be optimistic and cheerful! And it'd just made me look even more forward to my birthday so that I could find a reason to make myself happy again. LOL
After going through all those up and downs, and busying with the juniors' orientation week, finally I was having a better mood.
Well, still, I already have the expectation that everyone is busy and I would just spend my day with damn 8 hours of classes and a presentation. So yeah again, stopping myself from dreaming. Haha
Anyway, priority of celebration is always to family. =)
Thanks god I managed to be back home last Sunday to celebrate Mooncake festival after the O-week event. And celebrated my birthday in advanced. =)
Mummy cooked traditional meesua and red boiled eggs for me.
This is a taste of love. <3
Ahh, Childhood memories.
Playing lantern was my favourite when I was a kid.
Hate growing up already.
(I bet my house is the brightest among the whole street.)
I've never mentioned to my friends that my mum actually asked me a lot of times that if I want to held a birthday party or potluck and ask my friends to come my house to celebrate both things together. That was a pretty good idea, but I just didn't say it out. LOL It's weird for me to plan my ownbirthday though, like I'm forcing somemore to come and there might be no one who will come. Haha I assumed they are busy. Again. :X
Love my family banyak banyak! =D
Though my parents were only paying attention to their precious grandson, my siblings who just annoy me for 24/7 and my nephew who was the one bullying me all the time. *rolling eyes*
Big thank you to my sister who bought me the very chocolatey cake from Moonlight Cake House.
Birthday cake surrounded by mooncakes! =)
I realized I looked tired and smiled awkwardly in every pictures I've taken nowadays.
Those terrible eyebags and dark eye circles are killing me. Ish.
I need to sleep early like seriously.
And then, unexpected things happened.
The next day, which is the Monday, my buddies had already planned an dinner outing. Well, at first I thought it was a simple dinner to welcome new buddy or maybe just dine in with other seniors. Since they told me it's JUST a dinner, even when my buddy asked me to dress nicely. LOL We went to Strangers at 47, one of my must visit list. There were quite many empty tables for 4, but I was curious when my senior asked the waitress about having a bigger table since my buddy told me that there should be only 4 of us from buddy line. Hmmm, At first I thought we should be waiting for other seniors to come, but what actually shocked me is that my 3 of uni friends actually came to the same restaurant and they told me that it was a coincidence to see them there. I actually believed them with a 50%. But then, when another 3 uni friends came into the restaurant and met me "coincidentally", then only I realized that it was a birthday surprise from them. HAHA
Hot mocha and sweet potato fries.
A Hen's Crush. A savoury crepe.
Their crepe and sweet potato fries were surprising good.
Just when I thought crepe is a dessert thing, it totally changed my mind as the chicken and hashbrown were matched together so perfectly!
And I had their Cendol cheese cake as a Birthday slice. Haha
For me, it actually tastes like the sliced cheese that I used to eat back in time.
And I love sliced cheese.
The chocolate cake was good too!
Thanks again to my best Buddies and Makan Kaki for making this "Coincidence" such a memorable one!
Just when I thought that was all for my day, my Uni friends asked me if I have any plans on Tuesday night. Well, since I was being told that many people is busy on Tuesday and me myself have that damn 8 hours of classes and presentation, I told them it will be on a first come first basis since there is no one who ask me out, LOL It was funny to think back about how I actually reacted when they reconfirmed with me about Tuesday night dinner and asked me if there is anyone else, particularly Someone has asked me out. I even told them I'm 120% sure that I will be super free that night because my form 6 friends has already booked me out on the coming Friday. And so yeah, in the end my Uni friends booked my time from 6 pm onward. Haha
And here comes the day I have been waiting since the beginning of the month. A day with good reason to stay happy!
My morning was very "well spent" with all the lectures and also receiving wishes from coursemates whenever I walking around in the faculty. Thanks a lot for the wishes! =)
And finally it was dinner time! I was asked to get prepared by 6.30 pm and Hui Ling even requested me to dress nicely put make up and blow my hair. Well that was weird because that is so not our style of celebrating each other's birthday! We never emphasize to each other to dress nicely even we are planning to surprise any one of us. But still, the curiosity only lasted for 1 minute and I just dressed up slightly nicer and put no make up! LOL Eva told me that they were grabbing car since 6.30 pm. After 15 minutes, she asked me to be patience because there was traffic jam. Well, I didn't thought that much since the time was really the peak hour of having traffics. Just I was really sleepy that time. Haha. Usually, if I've get prepared to go out, I would just go to their room and wait for the grab car together with them. But again, I was so lazy to move from my chair and I just waited in my room until 7.30 pm. I asked them again if they were still grabbing car and this time they told me that they were waiting for Whitney. Now that was really really weird......
And finally, 7.45 pm, Eva asked me to go down as the taxi had arrived. So yeah, I kept my phone into my bag and rushed all the way down the staircases. Not even picking up Eva's phone call as I thought she was asking me to go down faster as the taxi driver is waiting. I used the staircases which is near too my room instead of the other one at the other end near the office. Right at the moment when I reach the ground floor, I saw a bunch of people standing in front of the office. My first thought was perhaps they are the guys from my hostel waiting for their friends But my Uni gang was there too!! Then Hui Ling was being nervous running towards me asking me why did I use that staircases instead of another, Then the group of people started to move into the office entrance and I saw the views of some people's back which I'm familiar with but I thought it shouldn't be possible, They were Andrew, Sam and Mint!!!! How is that even possible since they were all so busy?!!
My brain had just gone empty and I had no idea how to respond when I was walking to the office, My Uni gang were so excited saying this and that, but I was still having a brain freeze. lol That fella already told me that many people are busy on Tuesday, that fella asked me to choose what to eat on Friday, and why are they all here now???????????
Just right at the moment when I reached the office, my form 6 friends were there, even those who were always busy like Sam, Ken and Andrew were there too. They came all the way to UM just to surprise me! OMG! And I've never doubt it when Hao Hong told me that many people are busy and I've totally believed that I won't be seeing so many of them even if I'm going out of Friday. They were pretty successful for almost the whole process until I failed my own surprise. Since they thought I would use the other staircases. HAHAHAHAHA They even came with Balloons!!!
Words couldn't describe how thankful and touched I was when I saw you guys.
Thanks for coming all the way man!
I was really surprised and Am still feeling it now~ haha
But what that surprised me the most is that my form 6 friends actually pakat'ed with my Uni friends to make this surprise works. They don't even know each other! Now that was shocking. :O How blessed am I to have such good friends who put their efforts on approaching to each other, just to plan a birthday surprise for me, together. <3
I couldn't brain for the whole night and it was still so unbelievable as they came all the way to UM which I have never thought that it would really happen. T.T And their "secret" whatsapp group definitely made my day. The way they chatted and commented in the group just made me laugh so hard. Hilarious yet touching. Hahaha But why you guys have to comment FAT to indicate your RSVP?? Aiks!
So, after the surprise, we went to Wing's Cafe to have our dinner.
It was my first time visiting a Music Cafe, a very special experience indeed.
Loving the cozy ambience there and the great song performances by the singers.
When you come to a cafe like this, there will always be requests and dedication of songs. And what my friends did? They actually dedicated 2 songs by using Galley la's name and so called "on behalf of me" and wrote cheesy notes on the papers just to act like replies. It was really funny when the singer couldn't pronouns that name correctly and kept on repeating the first few words of the message. I couldn't stop laughing when the singer keeps on saying 亲爱的, 亲爱的. Hahaha And thanks to them again, the song 小幸运 has stucked in my head since that day and keeps replaying it by itself all day err day. The lyrics really touched my heart I guess.
Time to show my appreciation to all of you!!
Meet the girls!
Thanks Mint for the effort of approaching my uni friend when you don't even know her and the necklace you gave to me. I love it! =)
Thanks Wai Teng for blowing all the lovely Balloons and made my little childish wish came true! I really really really love them! <3
Thanks again to We are One Tai Tai's, Jing Yi, Yi Ling and Cheing for celebrating this special day with me!
Love you all banyak banyak~~~
And the guys! Ken and Zong looked like being forced to take the balloons for me eh... HAHAHA
Thanks to Lee Hao Hong, the annoying fella who constantly trying to make me depressed before my birthday. LOL Yeah you did a very good job indeed! Thanks for the surprise anyway! =P
Thanks Chien Zong for the balloons too! And being my driver for the day. =D
Thanks Cuthbert for coming too! Though you weren't there when they surprise me but you still came for dinner and became temporary photographer! =)
Thanks Hubert, Andrew, Sam and Kenneth for being there too, lucky me to have you busy people here to celebrate my birthday with me eh! =D
Miss my heng dais so much leh!
Thanks for buying me awesome presents!
Was Happy like a kid~
Oh yeah, how could I forgot to thank my high school besties who wished me and Wei Yi for calling me 3 times in a day! HAHA <3 And all the wishes from coursemates, seniors and juniors. =) Appreciate all the wishes from you guys!
All of all, thank you for making my day such a special and memorable one. Cakes, Balloons, Surprises and Meeting the people I missed. Feel like a one day princess somehow~ Haha Thanks for everything, you know how much it means to me right? =)
Thanks for making growing up sounds a happy thing to me~ For at least one day! HAHA
Working harder to make my wishes come true!
Love you all! 我会一直记得那一天的感动. =)














Comments
Post a Comment