Form 6 After Graduation Trip 2.0
So, 2 years after the Penang Trip, our Form 6 gang finally had another short trip together to Malacca last weekend. The planning was kinda impromptu (or maybe not) because we actually made this plan up when we were celebrating Hubert's birthday 3 weeks ago. And unexpectedly, we successfully gathered 8 people to make this plan works. And what has made this plan even more precious is because despite having different working life schedules, they finally got to squeeze out a bit of their time to have this short getaway together with me, which has made me a happy yet to be employed kid. LOL
Pray hard that I could secure a job by this month. I need income already. T.T
Back to the topic, haha.
So the 8 so onzzz people are Yi Ling, Cuthbert, Ying Sun, Tze Min, Hubert, Hao Hong, Jing Yi and Me. The two Berts were the drivers for the trip. Having my sensitive aerial being alert, I can definitely foresee the transportation arrangement and how the things will go. Anyway, just like always, I'm okay being with anyone of them, unless they hiam me la. The bedroom arrangement was out of my expectation though. LOL
They "assigned" me to be the planner of the trip, so called the organizing chairperson, like what? I just wanna follow the flow people, but they said I shall do it since I'm so free. Okay then, not that hard anyway, since all of us have been to Malacca before, just that we never travel there together before eh. I didn't really plan a very detailed schedule, since I don't wanna stress people out during trip to follow the schedule right, and they are still the same old them saying I'm okay with anything (but actually not anything), so I just cincai came out with a rough schedule lorh. Hahahaha
I'm directing this long introduction of the trip to the wrong way. Opps
The beginning transportation arrangements were Cuthbert, Hao Hong, Yi Ling and me; Sun, Mint, Jing Yi and Hubert in another car. Our first destination was Thong Kee in PJ, whereby our Cuthbert is very obsessed with the food there. The crowd in Thong Kee quite surprised me (which I would expect to see this in a dimsum place), like how these people can wake up so early to eat here. I cannot understand when Cuthbert said he would spend time to read his novel here. LOL I had a try on the Kaya Butter Croissant (one of the signature breakfasts) and Cham that was recommended by Cuthbert. Well I don't usually have pastries or toast as breakfast in char chan teng like this, but the Croissant was definitely a good one. =)

Here goes the Cham and Kaya Butter Croissant! =)
Well our plan went just right as what I expected, we finished our breakfast at 9am and we departed to Malacca straight right after. If I were to describe the whole trip in the details, it would be endless stories and jokes all the way man. HAHAHA The journey to Malacca was better than I thought, I tried to control myself from being noisy and I think I did a great job lorh. But Yi Ling told others Hao Hong and I were busy 斗嘴ing non-stop, which I don't think so, because we were quite peaceful mah. Hello? Definition of quarrel please. While half of Cuthbert's playlist were songs that I never heard before, we actually talked about some random topics when we were on the way to Malacca, like how guys would make proposals and what are the girls' expectation on this. LOL
Anyway again, we successfully reached Jonker Street as our first destination in Malacca and the weather was freaking hot. We had our first meal in Jonker 88, which was one of the so called must go in Malacca. Even though I had been to Jonker Street for quite a number of times, I have never been there before because the queue was forever endless. I tried their Nyonya Asam Laksa and Baba Cendol for the very first time, and I would say I cannot handle the asam'ness of the asam laksa.
Well, the sourness and spiciness of this bowl of asam laksa have gone way beyond my expectation.
Sorry to say but this is gonna be the first and last. Opps, for this place's asam laksa I mean.
My taste buds prefer Penang Asam Laksa I guess.
Had a sip on their Baba Laksa. something like curry laksa which actually tasted better, perhaps if there is next time I would try that. Maybe. =)
Baba Cendol a.k.a Gula Melaka Cendol
Hmm, the first few scoops were too sweet for my liking but I think it was because I didn't mix the whole thing since I didn't want the whole ice thingy to melt so fast before I finish my laksa.
Well anyway it was an okay one and worth for a try for first timer like me. =)
I still prefer Penang cendol I think. Opps
After that we continued our street walk and got into that 3-storeys H&M to escape from the hot weather. I couldn't believe that we actually spent almost an hour inside there for window shopping and having fashion shows there. LOLOLOLOLOL I feel like a guy when the girls are busy shopping for dresses but I was standing at side and self controlling myself to spend since I'm so broke and my attire is too troublesome for me to try on the clothes. But I don't know why the H&M have nicer clothes and dresses compared to those in KL I must say. We started to say and do stupid stuffs in there, especially Hubert who looked hilarious with his sunglasses in the indoor. It was funny when Yi Ling started to criticize Hao Hong and Cuthbert's fashion sense and she ended up becoming their fashion stylist. Haha Well, even though I couldn't really style myself up due to my fats T.T, but I do have good sense on picking clothes for guys lorh. I told that lou hang uncle before that he looked better in buttoned shirt or polo tee (I even bought for him as presents before wei) but this guy insisted on his tight t-shirts omg, and now he finally accepted the fact when Yi Ling criticized him and asked for my opinion when we were in Premium Outlet later lol.
After having ourselves in the air-conditioned store for nearly an hour, we finally moved ourselves back to the street. Hao Hong was desperately craving for nyonya dumpling so we went to the shop to satisfy his craving, well I kinda regret for not buying it that day because when I went back there again on the next day the dumplings weren't ready yet. T.T But I couldn't finish one by myself for that moment, and that Lee Hao Hong who promised to share me one bite just bit the whole thing and how do you expect me sharing that when the whole thing is your saliva oh!
Then I finally found that colourful Kiehl's wall right beside the shop lot. One of my resolutions for the trip is to take nice and insta-worthy individual and group pictures for us and no more class photo pose this time. Well my group picture plan failed on this spot but I managed to take individual photos for them. My attire was one of the reasons why my zhuang bi photos came out bad because of it shows my fat tummy T.T Before I decided to wear this I already tried it at home at it was fine mah, manatau the angle still kills. T.T Somemore I'm an awkward poser with face and fat problems and my friends' photography skill are ehem well, so I'm sad with my individual photos mostly. T.T And they won't tell me to hide the ugly side of me and adjust the angle for me, so I'm speechless for myself in that sense too. Who asked me to be not pretty right. T.T No one force me to take pictures for them right, I shouldn't expect for returns too. HAHAHA. At least they tried.
This counted as the best among all the my photos taken here, but my attire just made my fat tummy stands out in wrong angle. T.T
Don't you ever try to zoom in.
Envy those tourists who were so good at posing and I looked even more awkward because I didn't know how to pose. LOL
(Picture credit: Ying Sun with my camera haha)
Featuring cute pom poms found in the alley because the aunty owner let these cuties to come out for a walk and sunbathing. Awwwwww
Then we decided to walk back and have another meal at The Daily Fix Cafe before heading to our homestay for check-in. The Daily Fix Cafe was one of my must go places for this trip because I didn't get to hop in when I found this place 2 years ago. The cafe itself is hidden behind a souvenir shop and it is easy to miss out the entry sign. At first I was quite paiseh to the peeps since we came all the way here, we "supposed" to have Malacca local traditional food instead of cafe hopping, and from what I know the cafe is always crowded with people and queues. As expected, the waitress asked us to wait for another 30 mins for the table to be available, and thanks to Cuthbert (I guess he was tired of walking) for volunteering himself to wait for the reservation, the rest of us got to walk along the street and did some shopping. (I got myself a cute lego puppy puzzle from Yubiso HAHA) And finally after 30 mins, we got the table with the best natural lighting. LOL
The long wait was worth it, with its relaxed ambience and good food. I'm glad that I insisted to come this place because I could say the best food we had for the two days was definitely here. Thanks to Wei Yi's recommendations, we got to try their signature pancakes in 4 different flavours and I managed to try one piece of smoked duck from Jing Yi's aglio olio. Not a food blogger so I couldn't explain the taste in detail, but I would say their food is really really really Good! At least they were worth every penny spent.
The famous signature Local Pandan Pancakes with Gula Melaka Sauce.
One might wonder what is so special about these plain-looking pandan pancakes but the pandan aroma, fluffy pancake texture with strong egg flavour went so well together and tasted so GOOD with the gula melaka sauce!
We also tried Chocolate Chips Pancakes and Salted Egg Yolk Pancakes which both tasted very good as well.
Even though it seemed weird to have salted egg yolk and pancakes as a combination, but the combination turned out to be unexpectedly good, at least for my liking, and the rest, except the 2 Berts. Opps (Depends on personal preference lo)
Here is another unusual combination, Espresso Pancake.
Again, this combination is surprisingly "normal", you don't find pancakes dipping in to a cup of coffee elsewhere right?
Coffee lovers would definitely love it, just like the coffee-addict Cuthbert. LOL
Here's Jing Yi's Smoked Duck Aglio Olio.
Even by just having one little bite on the smoked duck, I could say that it tasted better than the smoked duck I had before at other places.
I would definitely order this if I have the chance to visit this place again.

Our first group picture in Malacca. =)
I like this group picture the most, but too bad the waitress took this shot from too far way that we have to crop out the unnecessary and the resolution after cropping is so bad.
Wasted the good lighting omo.
This picture is taken at the second floor of The Daily Fix Cafe.
And my failed pose once again reminds me the need of losing my fat tummy T.T so that I don't have to try so hard finding angles for myself.
(Picture credit: Tze Min)

So, I finally got to have a glance on this most insta-worthy wall in the cafe and took a picture of it.
The angmo jie jie just turned her head on time when I snapped this shot, I guess she was wondering what was so special about the wall with so many plates on that actually caught my attention. HAHA

This was "behind the scene" shot taken by Mint when I was busy taking the picture above.
Very unglam pose I know. LOL

Hubert the clown who always stands at a side and sees us taking pictures forever is actually a natural poser himself. HAHAHA

This guy who keeps complaining about my photo-taking skill has never taken any nice pictures of me after years of knowing each other nor even thank me, yet I had always taken nice pictures of his and he has always uploaded them eh. Not because you are photogenic, is because I have good skill okay.
=.=

This pretty girl still looks pretty when she is trying to do ugly faces. But I must admit I didn't take repetitive shot because this is the most natural you on the spot, looking good! =)

Taking this picture of my food sharing partner is easy because she already posed nicely when I was about to take the shot. Haha

Jing Yi is always so photogenic in any poses or background, may it be a funny one or a cute one. She looks just nice! =)
I like this the most among all portraits taken. The background colour was so on point.

At first she didn't want me to take photo of her using my camera but then after she saw my first shoot for her, she requested for a second one, which is this. HAHAHAHA

Unexpectedly, this guy was very cooperative when I asked him to look at me and he posed in front of my camera willingly. We don't have to find Cuthbert in photos this time. LOL
RM2 for one plate, with 7-8 lalas per plate.
Not sure if my parents will think this is cheap but for me is like Damn Cheap because if given with a price of 8 plates of lala with the portion here, I can only get one plate of kam heong lala for example, at smaller portion and more empty shells.
Nothing fancy, no special dressings, but just simply a plate of steamed fresh lala, provided with their special cili sauce. (It was actually the same sauce for their 鱿鱼蕹菜, I think)
If the place was less crowded and shorter waiting time, I can really have at least 8 plates for myself wei! 😭 Their lala were so fresh and most importantly, NO empty shells!
Strongly recommend this to lala lovers like me, their 鱿鱼蕹菜 was very good too, fresh squids omg!

While walking back to our cars.
Am gonna miss the times when we walked around places together. =)
(Picture credit: Tze Min)
So, I finally got to have a glance on this most insta-worthy wall in the cafe and took a picture of it.
The angmo jie jie just turned her head on time when I snapped this shot, I guess she was wondering what was so special about the wall with so many plates on that actually caught my attention. HAHA
With the unexpected delay in H&M hahaha, we finally checked ourselves in to Super Cozy Homestay by 3.30pm. Just like the name, the homestay was quite cozy (especially the sofa), with basic amenities prepared, big enough to accommodate 8 adults like us. Here comes the bedroom arrangement, I was kinda worried about that at first, when I realized that there are 2 beds each in 4 rooms, and we have 5 girls and 3 guys, like how to make everyone get a bed for themselves, since we all paid for the stay right. And unexpectedly, Cuthbert decided to take the sofa as bed, LOL. Then I thought the 2 guys would be in the same room, but no, one of them decided to take the room beside the kitchen, another one insisted to take the room upstairs. Sun wanted to take the room with single beds, so to avoid further headache I decided to take the room too. So I became one day roommate with Sun. HAHA Then, Mint,. Yi Ling and Jing Yi took the master bedroom with 4 beds; Hubert took the bedroom with a queen bed. It was funny when Hao Hong was afraid to sleep in his "kakak" room at night and Hubert offered him to share room (reluctantly haha), but he rejected too because they think 2 guys sharing a bed is weird. Hello, did they forgot that they shared the same bed when we were in Penang together? LOLOLOLOL Then Hao Hong ended up pulling his bed out and sleeping in the living room, together with another Bert. 😂
Here's a picture of me with my room taken by my roommate Sun because I didn't remember / lazy to take pictures with the homestay haha.
Our plan to Klebang was once again delayed with the guys watching dating reality show and the girls busy dressing up until 5pm something. LOL And I had my very first time using hair curler to style my fringe though the effect was not obvious enough. Maybe I should just take off my very fail waterfall braid and asked Yi Ling to use the hair curler on my hair(when I initially thought of tying it so that my hair won't get too messy later, but it turned out the other way round again T.T).
Me and my roommate while waiting for the others to get ready.
Can you see the difference in my fringe after using the hair curler? I bet you can't.😂
So, we finally got ourselves moved to the next food destination, Klebang Original Coconut Milkshake before it closes at 6pm. 😌 Again, that was my first time visiting Klebang area and the famous coconut milkshake stall. Despite it seemed to have a long queue there, lucky us had got ourselves a table not long after. Hard to believe, but my tummy was still kinda bloated with the food from the previous meal, so I shared the milkshake with Mint, my forever food sharing partner! Haha
Le famous Klebang Original Coconut Milkshake with vanilla ice-cream. =)
Tbh, I ain't a coconut lover, so this coconut milkshake actually tasted indifferent to me compared to those I had before, may it be in Malacca or Semenyih, as in they tasted as good to me.
But maybe because this was the "original", so it tasted "originally" nice eh? Haha
The stall sells nasi lemak and various kuihsss too. Half of the peeps ordered nasi lemak and I really didn't plan to have one due to my half bloated stomach, but this Lee Tze Min, Cuthbert Chong and Lee Hao Hong kept tempting me by telling me their nasi lemak was good and asked if I want to have a try. They should know I'm bad at resisting temptation when it comes to food, so I said I could have a bite maybe. And while Jing Yi is busy playing her meitu camera with Yi Ling and I was busy posing for that meitu camera haha, that two fellas Lee Hao Hong (again) and Tze Min who promised to leave one last small portion for me had just finished their nasi lemak without leaving any for me. =.= Memang kawan baik dah. So I guess it was fate that my tummy was telling me to stop eating that much. But then Cuthbert decided to have a second packet of nasi lemak because he was too hungry and that nasi lemak was so called worth for a second try, Mint who has a bird-sized tummy decided to have another too, so I finally got the chance to try the nasi lemak at last. LOL So, my comment after trying the nasi lemak would be: okay la, not bad, the santan taste in the nasi was very strong, the sambal was quite good too. Not until must try level for me but it is worth for a try larh, because it was nice mah. =)
This picture was taken after we had our coconut milkshake and while waiting for Cuthbert who went to the washroom.
It was a random suggestion by me because I saw the skyline and colour were so on point and if you noticed the smoke behind the car (someone was burning stuffs) which gave so much of "zhuang bi" feels, so I jokingly asked Jing Yi to be my model. Haha It was quite a stupid suggestion but then Sun took it seriously and asked us to take a photo with the cars together. Yi Ling and Hubert didn't want to join us so we ended up posing like the above picture. LOL Someone should fill in the right side empty space to make the photo "balanced" wei.
Did I forget to mention that someone finally found his chance to move his seat to Hubert's car? Things definitely happened as expected eh. Heh Heh
Did I forget to mention that someone finally found his chance to move his seat to Hubert's car? Things definitely happened as expected eh. Heh Heh
Oh yeah, there was one little thing that I was quite touched about. When we reached the milkshake stall, I didn't realize that my phone wasn't with me until I thought of updating my insta story and I couldn't find it in my pocket nor my backpack. I started to get worried that I might lost in somewhere because I was too busy taking pictures *shakes head*padan muka*, then I thought maybe I left it in the car so I asked Cuthbert to lend me his car key so that I could have a check on it. While I was walking half way, he actually followed me (I was still holding his car key all the way) to walk back to his car, which I couldn't understand and asked him why, is it because he afraid that with my clumsiness I will press the wrong button to open the car door? Since he should be eating his nasi lemak right? LOL He didn't explain much and just told me the right key button to press on. I felt bad and asked him to go back but he said don't la, go together. That moment itself I still thought that he was worried about me handling his car though, haha thanks god my phone was left in the car and not on the street. Phew. But then, the next day when we were having dinner at Murni, Yi Ling wanted to get her stuff from his car and asked for his car key too, then again he said owh then I go with you to get tissue from my car too la. Then suddenly I realized it might because of he didn't want us girls to go back to the car alone because it was "dangerous". Like wow, not bad ah this guy, the good boy gene still remains there, even though the way he teases me is still irritating. A bit gam dong lo. Haha
After acting silly with the cars, we moved on to the Klebang beach before the Sun sets. Before this I was told that it would be a long way to reach the man-made desert from the parking place. Indeed, it was a 10 minutes walking distance along the stony road when I had a peek of the desert from our starting point, provided that if we didn't not stop halfway to take pictures. But how was it possible to not stop walking when the sun was starting to set with beautiful sky colours and the stony road was so insta-worthy to pose. LOL While on the way to our "actual" destination, we took a lot of pictures together and I tried different angles of shooting the scenery and also the peeps with my camera. I always want to take good pictures for them, with the feeling of wanting them to know those are their images in my eyes. I did hope that I get to find the right angle for myself while doing so too. Haha Because we spent too much time on the stony road, Cuthbert, Yi Ling and Jing Yi who walked way further inside had to stop and wait for us, and in the end because the sun was going to set, they decided not to continue the walk because by the time we reach the exact spot, the sky would be super dark when we have to walk back to our cars. 😭 So we ended up checking in at the Klebang stony roads only, instead of the signature Klebang dessert. I cannot believe this like seriously, like why we so "gao xiu" one. Well, even though we didn't get to see the desert, we managed to catch the beautiful sunsets and took nice pictures together. So here are the pictures taken at the stony road.

My favourite and most satisfied scenery shot. =)
Finally captured the feel I want after attempted a few shots.
But still not a professional because I have no idea on those photography settings at all.
All shots taken are totally based on luck and the feels I had on the spot. Haha
This was "behind the scene" shot taken by Mint when I was busy taking the picture above.
Very unglam pose I know. LOL
Thanks to the nature beauty, I got to take beautiful portrait shots for my favourite people. Kinda proud with my untrained skills and happy for receiving good comments from friends after they saw these set of pictures. If you asked me how the pictures are taken, I just told them to look at me on the spot, like "hey, look at me". HAHAHA Btw, the portraits are arranged with chronological order. =)

Hubert the clown who always stands at a side and sees us taking pictures forever is actually a natural poser himself. HAHAHA

This guy who keeps complaining about my photo-taking skill has never taken any nice pictures of me after years of knowing each other nor even thank me, yet I had always taken nice pictures of his and he has always uploaded them eh. Not because you are photogenic, is because I have good skill okay.
=.=

This pretty girl still looks pretty when she is trying to do ugly faces. But I must admit I didn't take repetitive shot because this is the most natural you on the spot, looking good! =)

Taking this picture of my food sharing partner is easy because she already posed nicely when I was about to take the shot. Haha
Jing Yi is always so photogenic in any poses or background, may it be a funny one or a cute one. She looks just nice! =)
I like this the most among all portraits taken. The background colour was so on point.

At first she didn't want me to take photo of her using my camera but then after she saw my first shoot for her, she requested for a second one, which is this. HAHAHAHA

Unexpectedly, this guy was very cooperative when I asked him to look at me and he posed in front of my camera willingly. We don't have to find Cuthbert in photos this time. LOL
You shall know how important you are when I decided to take pictures of you people instead of my own during this golden hour, because when it was my turn, the sun has set and the background wasn't as nice because we are on the way walking back. T.T
So this is counted "the best"shot after a few trials by Jing Yi using my camera. 😐
She couldn't catch the feel I want and I admit that my face problem and awkward pose have contributed to this lo. I really don't know how to smile nicely already. T.T
Anyway, even though I didn't get myself a nice portrait, I still managed to take a nice picture of me with beautiful sunset on the road la.
Still an awkward poser but this is the best picture of me at Klebang la. Haha
I love the fb filter effect on this picture. =)
Not a fan of siham but I am a super fan of Lala, so I was so grateful they sell lala too!
After having an hour photo session at Klebang, we moved back to the city to have nyonya food dinner at Nancy's Kitchen. While on the way to the dinner place, we started to have song jamming in the car. Jing Yi went all crazy while Yi Ling and Cuthbert had duets on song with high notes. And what I did was just singing along with a rather chilled mode and looking at them going excited. HAHAHA. So this is how people jam songs in car eh. While we were in line waiting to be served, Yi Ling was still in her sing k mode and the guys were too lazy to make decisions, so me and Sun were the ones looking at the menu. I asked the rest to choose but again they said anything, so we picked based on the pictures in the menu lo. LOL
This place has really taught me about what it is meant by photos are for illustration purpose only. LOL
Hmmm, so the story was Hao Hong and Cuthbert kept complaining that I was bad at choosing menu because the dishes served were not that appealing as they seemed, why didn't I picked Nyonya curry and the Nyonya fish Cuthbert chose and the fried egg with prawns Hao Hong chose were better than those me and Sun decided. Hello? I was quite innocent okay, I wasn't the one making all decisions and I was just the one who spoke out and made the order only. LOL Anyway, the taste of the food was just okay, not too bad, nor impressive either. The food was like what we can have in typical chinese restaurant, like what they said, lacked of that "Nyonya" specialty? It's okay, we were more looking forward to the longkang siham after this anyway. Haha
While on the way to Longkang Siham, we passed by the place that I mentioned to them earlier, the Melaka River Pirate Park, if I were not mistaken. The night view was so beautiful with that dreamy looking Ferris wheel from far. I must say that was the first time I had a good look at Malacca river night view since every time I came here was just one day trip and my only memories with Malacca night time were the A' Famosa cowboy night performances. I was so happy to have this first time experience with my favourite people. =)
Just like what we have seen from websites and reviews, the alley where longkang siham is located were so crowded and having to eat seafood next to the longkang was definitely an unforgettable experience.
RM2 for one plate, with 7-8 lalas per plate.
Not sure if my parents will think this is cheap but for me is like Damn Cheap because if given with a price of 8 plates of lala with the portion here, I can only get one plate of kam heong lala for example, at smaller portion and more empty shells.
Nothing fancy, no special dressings, but just simply a plate of steamed fresh lala, provided with their special cili sauce. (It was actually the same sauce for their 鱿鱼蕹菜, I think)
If the place was less crowded and shorter waiting time, I can really have at least 8 plates for myself wei! 😭 Their lala were so fresh and most importantly, NO empty shells!
Strongly recommend this to lala lovers like me, their 鱿鱼蕹菜 was very good too, fresh squids omg!
After we had our siham and lala, it was almost 10pm and we were in dilemma on whether we should continue our Jonker night market plan, since if we decided to go night market, we would get back home later and no time for monopoly or deep talking session, and in fact the night market was quite a distance from Bunga Raya. Well, of course I prefer to walk around since these people already decided to sleep late anyway, and it was my first time staying overnight here, and I never been to the night market before. But I can see Cuthbert and Yi Ling looked quite tired already and they even suggested to go separate ways. Things getting kinda awkward when some people said anything again, but when the two said go home then, so finally half of us decided to say yes to Jonker night market and started walking. LOL
It was a 15 minutes walk from our cars to the night market, we passed along the streets and walked along the river. Even though it was a long tiring walk, but having to walk with them was a good way to create memory and I felt safe when I was with them. =) We passed by one of the famous oyster omelette stall and Hao Hong was in a dilemma of buying it or not. But too bad, he was so sad because when the time we walked back, the stall is closed. When we reached one of the bridges, this Cuthbert Chong waved and said hi to those cruise passengers and everyone on the cruise was looking at us. So xia sui omg. LOL
The night view of the river. =D
It looked different from the morning view though, I would not be able to recognize this place if I were here in the morning. lol
That two fellas, Cuthbert and Hao Hong who asked me to take pictures for them by the river just reminded me that I didn't take any pictures with the night view eh.
Finally, we reached the night market.
I'm impressed with my camera that successfully captured the moon.
Just like other night markets, it was very happening here, a very different view compared to the morning Jonker street. Since we were still full, we didn't buy food or snacks from the stalls, but just drinks and did some shopping. Well Yi Ling and Jing Yi who were quite unwilling to come here at first, they ended up to be the most rewarding and happy ones with their temporary tattoos. HAHA While I got myself a cup of fancy soda, complimentary transparent jelly and gula melaka for my mum. LOL
海洋之星。The Star of the Ocean.
Definitely an insta-wrothy drink and cheaper than what we could get in KL. Haha
It's complimentary for purchasing 2 fancy sodas, why not right?
The last time I had this was 2 years ago in Taiwan. Missing there already. T.TWhile walking back to our cars.
Am gonna miss the times when we walked around places together. =)
I guess one thing that makes a trip special is when city people like us who often drive and take rides in our daily life, are willing to walk distances to visit from one place to another place without or at least less complaints. HAHAHA
Because of my cacat leg, I couldn't catch up with Cuthbert's walking sleep and ended up walking too slow behind with Sun and Hao Hong, and followed Hubert's car to return to our homestay. LOL Finally got into the same car with sor pors for at least once during this trip eh.
It was already near 12am when we all reached homestay and obviously our monopoly game plan failed this time. HAHA We ended up chilling in the master bedroom, calculating our whole day expenses, seeing how Yi Ling, Jing Yi and Hao Hong put on their fake tattoos, and talking silly. Haha Cuthbert brought a broad game named Bang! and we decided to play that while Yi Ling and Jing Yi were busy playing the tarot cards. Well, Bang! was a really challenging game. my potato brain were having hard time understanding the game rules and I kept doing silly mistakes during the game. I still didn't get to understand the whole game properly even until the last round played. LOL I can't even remember the characters now until I googled and found Sheriff, Deputy, Outlaw and Renegade. Opps Even though I was acting silly, but someone was worse. That someone was a Deputy and he was supposed to protect the Sheriff, but he mixed up his own character and ended up trying hard to kill the Sheriff. HAHAHA And again I can feel that huge difference of treatment during the game from someone. Okay, you can try to make it less obvious man. LOL
When we played the last round of Bang!, it was already 4am, some of them wanted to stay up whole night but some of them wanted to sleep. And me? Tbh I wanted to sleep but I didn't mind if they have plans as well. Ying Sun decided to go back our room and sleep when I was still deciding on what to do, and said that she will lock the room if I don't follow her. I thought she was just kidding but she really Locked the room wei! Why you so bad one? T.T But I still managed to enter the room because our washroom is connected to Hubert's room so I could get it from there lol. Everyone got back to their bed one by one and so we didn't have any deep talk session that night. Haha
Day 2: 01.07.2018
It was raining heavily during our sleeps and it was freezing cold with the air cond, I ended up being the earliest who woke up because I couldn't sleep back anymore. It was so early that the rest were still sleeping so I got to see their sleeping faces one by one. So cute and funny. Haha. Thanks god we decided to go Klebang on the first day instead of the second day morning, if not we would be in deep disappointment for not able to go out due to the heavy rain.
It was already 10 am when everyone was awake and started to prepare themselves for check out. I must say the Super Cozy Homestay is super cozy because they have all facilities well prepared and we got to have some morning coffee moments thanks to the coffees provided. I wanted to take a nice group picture before we leave the house, so I made them to be cooperative with me. HAHA But because I was busying finding angles and setting timer, again I basically looked weird and tired in every photo taken. Sigh. Serious face problem wei! I was expecting the pictures would give me a family candid feel, but again we ended up with awkward class photo poses again. LOL
Err, I would say this was the best shot because we looked less serious in this picture?
Even though my rolled eyes looked ugly but it was the best for others though. Am sad yet still wanna laugh. My eyes looked tired in every picture omg.
Well, the shot will look good if I focused it well before I left my camera there. T.T
Didn't get to take more pictures until I get a most satisfactory one because the homestay owner has arrived. Perhaps I should have asked for the uncle to help eh? At least I could have ready myself to pose. LOL
Thanks to the very friendly homestay uncle's recommendation, we got to try chicken rice balls for this trip without having to queue up at those in Jonker Street. Uncle's recommendation was just 5 minutes away from homestay, Huang Chang Chicken Rice, which is also one of the famous chicken rice ball restaurants, but with shorter queues and more affordable price.
I couldn't remember when was the last time I had chicken rice balls, so I couldn't comment much if it's overrated or other wise, but I would say this one was quite good, especially the chicken. HAHA
And while waiting for Jing Yi to make orders, I got to take some nice pictures outside the restaurant with the girls. lol
Finally a nice picture with Yi Ling, YAY!
Yay Picture with my lunch mate!
Wanted to upload another nicer one, but I shall at least made the photoboom worth for his effort. HAHA
After having our lunch, I was so excited that we finally get to try the famous bunga raya popiah that I was craving since day 1. But then we reached there, the shop-worker aunty told us that the stall was not open due to the heavy rain in the morning. I was so disappointed you know! T.T Perhaps I should have insisted to have it the day before. Such Luck wei~~~~~~ That kind aunty was kind enough to recommend us another place which also sells pork lard popiah as well. Since we had made all the way here, we decided to take the suggestion and go for the replacement. 10 mins distance from my most wanted stall, so here we were.
Not sure how the "original" tastes like, this plate of popiah did tasted slightly different from the usual ones I had, thanks to the pork lard.
Hao Hong told me the bunga raya popiah has better aroma larh. T.T
But this is okay also la, above average for a popiah. =)
The downside was that yellow colour serai tea, I asked for chrysanthemum tea, the boss ended up serving me that. T.T I don't like serai at all~~~~~
So after that, we decided to go Jonker Street for the very last time to get some souvenirs before we leave, so I changed my hope to nyonya bak zhang. It was the third time going there during these 2 days lol. We took some selfies along the way and we went Sam sok gong for Sun's white coffee. Hubert was complaining that I never treat him anything for being my driver after Yi Ling reminded him that I was stingy hahahah, so I decided to treat him a drink, and because I wanted to have a drink too, buy 3 at rm10, and so again I treated my long-time-retired-Ahmad together too lol.
Hao Hong accompanied me to buy nyonya bak zhang located just at the street next to Sam sok gong, manatau the boss told me that the dumplings weren't ready yet and I had to wait for another half an hour to get it. I guess it wasn't my day eh? T.T It turned out to be me accompanied that guy to buy cendol and headed back to where the rest waited for us. While we were gone back, they were standing at the photogenic alley and they asked me to stand at the opposite road to take a photo for them. LOL I honestly don't know how to feel right at that moment, but who asked me to have the camera and wanting to take picture for them right?
Risking my life to take this picture at the middle of the road. Result wasn't the best but it was the best taken among all the trials I took lol. Too candid that I wasn't in a mood of waiting for a good pose of theirs. Haha
And this was me alone standing at the opposite side. HAHAHA
Not sure if it was insta-worthy enough, but it worth for a credit to Sun. =)
Giving up on my bak zhang, we headed back to our cars and officially said goodbye to Jonker Street, it was kinda funny that we never passed the bridge to the red church area for these 2 days. LOL
Our last destination was Freeport A'Famosa Outlet, something similar like the one at Genting. We decided to go there because according to the map we are going to pass by anyway and it has a photogenic windmill too. But reality kills, it was a 45 mins journey from the city, and it wasn't a pass-by after all. Well, at least we got to have some chill talks and sing k moments in the car. Love story topics are always interesting Haha. So by the time we reached, Cuthbert and Hubert had their car parked at the different ends of the outlet. So we had our own photo shoot session when we were on the way meeting each other.
Real Candid with the signature windmill.
I looked too girlish here. LOL
I would say Yi Ling's photo taking skill has improved a lot this time.
While this was taken by Cuthbert with my camera. Hmmm
His skill is counted as reliable, but sometimes I couldn't get his concept.
His skill is basically depending on the face of the subject in the photo, for example me showing the not so good skill of his. Face problem mou?
Finally two cars of people met up and gathered at Nike outlet after having our own sweet time. We happened to spend nearly half an hour in there because Jing Yi was so determined to get a pair of sneakers there, while Mint and Yi Ling were in a dilemma. I was a bit moved when I saw the discounted prices for the runners and sneakers. The discounted items were actually off season but the the price was super tempting, below RM200 one pair wei~~~ But it was again saddening because the one I wanted were out of my sizes, and those with my sizes weren't on my preference. T.T I needa earn money as soon as possible to get my dream shoes already!
So what can you do when you are too broke to spend?
You acted cool in front of those shoes that you couldn't afford.
Yi Ling was in a serious dilemma when Tze Min decided to give up on the sneakers and she spent too much on deciding. Hubert couldn't stand seeing her like that anymore so he pushed her to the cashier and the rest were persuading her to buy. HAHAHA So again, Jing Yi and Yi Ling were both the most rewarding ones from this visit with their new pairs of sneakers. 😂
Another group picture for this trip. =)
I wanted to take a nice group picture with swag poses in front of the windmill. But after looking around for nearly a minute, I gave up because I couldn't see any tourist that were free to stop by and take pictures for us. So we decided to take just a selfie here la.
So here you have a new hashtag, #findingcuthbert
And finally a picture of Sor Por Melons!
Lastly, a picture with le girls with my awkward hand pose. LOL
That merry-go-round was cute too!
Because the two girls had spent too much on their shoes, we decided to have KFC as snacks before back to Subang and we had Murni as dinner. lolololol So it was the end of our Malacca trip. =D
Although it seemed like I have many complaints along the way, but I was really happy and excited to spend my weekends with my favourite people in another city. It just plainly showed that how these people like to bully and tease me that much, yet they tolerated a lot with my flaws too. I felt secured and less worried about things when I was with them. I know they will keep me safe even if I ever wanna run away and go somewhere alone. I love seeing you people smile always (but not when you laugh at me okay) and making me laugh like mad always too.
Thanks for all the memories and happy moments together.
To many more years of friendship and adventures~
Next goal will be oversea trip alright! =D
*I couldn't believe I actually spent 23 days just to finish this post. RIP my productivity omg. Sorry for my long-winded, very badly arranged plots and very pasar english writing skills. Gonna work hard and find my motivation back real soon. Haha
May distance makes our bonds stronger~ =)











Comments
Post a Comment