A HO HO year.
Happy Chinese New Year Everyone! ^.^
Just came back from parents' hometown after enjoying my precious CNY holiday for the past whole week. It finally felt like a holiday to me! There is no need to worry about events and uni matters as everyone is having holiday together and get to become a successful Potato without any feeling of guilt. =)
It was a rather simple celebration this year. Still, we spent most of the time at maternal's side. We celebrated my uncle's birthday and had the simplest reunion dinner this year. Haha Well, at least we managed to finish the food without no wastage and leftovers. We also watched Ola Bola as our first CNY movie, it was beyond expectation though, since we set our expectations really low. LOL But I could say it is better than other CNY movies, as I was pretty disappointed with the movie I watched last year.
And finally, this year no more just staying at home on Chor Yat, we had house hopping to relative's place and had steamboat for dinner. =) Chor 2 is always the best among the days because we always have the best food for dinner and I finally got to met my cute little niece, baby Cloey! =D Love the way when she is having her meals and always putting a smile on her chubby face all the time! SO CUTE OMG! My cousin sister bought us red wine and apple ciders to chill together. Had a bit of red wine and my very first try on apple cider, at first I thought the 4.5% was just a piece of cake, not until I felt the heat all over my body and red rashes appearing on my hands and being too be itchy. Firdt time seeing my face become so red after so many years. I wonder it's because of the red wine or the apple cider that made me like this. Hmmmm... But Apple Cider tasted really good! Haha Chor 3 was a rather simple day when we shopping for the whole afternoon and we had home-cooked western food for dinner! Nomsss Thanks to my uncle's air fryer, we had home cooked chicken wings, bak gua, french fries and fish fillets. Gosh this is Heaven! Then Chor 4, our annual routine of visiting our elders in Lunas and had delicious kampung style lunch with the whole family. We also had our karaoke session with baby YiShaw joining us this time, he even left a special memory there.... HAHAHA
There goes Chor 5, after spending 2 hours considering the opportunity cost, I had my first CNY outing with my coursemates in Penang. We went Maxim to have dim sum for brunch, the dim sum there is superb! Totally in love with the variety of dim sum but too bad I couldn't try more because we were too full. Watched The Mermaid as my second CNY movie with le coursemates and it was also better than I thought and I had no idea about the movie before I entered the cinema so I was surprised with some scenes, I don't feel like eating my favourite squid or octopus for a few days after watching the movie.... Kris appearing at the end of movie was definitely the best highlight after all! haha
Then we went 2 cafes in a row, Tavern in The Park and The Lawn Cafe. Tavern in The Park is a glasshouse restaurant that was actually located at the city centre, which it was quite different from our expectation. We didn't get to try anything there because we have to wait for another 30 minutes for the dinner slot and we decided to leave and head to the Lawn cafe before it's dark. But the surrounding of the cafe is quite cozy, with street art, swings and some artistic structures. Hope we get to try the desserts there one day. Then we finally reached the Lawn cafe, my favourite part of the day! It was a glasshouse themed cafe, inspired from one of the Jay Chou's MV location. The cafe has a rather limited space and we decided to settle ourselves outside the cafe, sitting on the lawn like other people. Just like we were having a picnic! haha. Had a try on their cheesecake and it was really good! And I was really blur on making my orders as I wanted to try their Granola (which I didn't know its name was Granola), but I couldn't find it from the menu so I ordered fresh milk and they literally served me a cup of fresh milk! LOL So the blur me made the second order and this time I was correct. How I hope we could stay there longer so that I could enjoy more while spending my time there, I was too busy with my food and only concern of taking nice pictures. =/ Hope I could visit the one in KL too. After chilling ourselves, we headed to Kek Lok Si and had the famous Air Itam Laksa while we were on the way. There marked the end of my short Penang trip. =)
Finally got to spend time with my cousy a.k.a my best Ji Mui since young on Chor 6, thanks to her I got to eat the Char Kuey Teow that I was longing all the time and went for some cafe hopping with here. We had Nian Gao Ice Cream Waffle at Piknik Everyday and we went to another cafe afterwards, the Arnold Cycling Cafe, The chocolate mint crepe cake and green tea latte at Arnold Cycling Cafe were really good, I was totally in love with them. <3 Then at night my parents bought us supper from the stalls near the temple they went, Curry Mee, Apam Balik, Chee Cheong Fun and Sushi. Oh gosh. Our last station of the night was Chit Chat Cafe, my cousin brother decided to bring us there before we are back to KL on the next day. My photogenic Cotton Candy latte has turned from a big fluffy one to a small round cotton candy, thanks to my brothers.
So yeah, that marked the end of my CNY holiday in hometown, Pictures definitely speak better than I've written but too bad I haven't transfer the pictures to my laptop yet. Maybe I will add it afterwards once I transfer them. So stay tuned! =)
My phone memory overloads again, Aiks. I don't want to back to the reality yet! T.T
Comments
Post a Comment